Heart health and diabetes information will be provided by representatives from the American Heart Association and a variety of Sherman Health departments, including Cardiac Rehabilitation, Radiology, Education and Community Wellness, Heart Failure Recovery Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, Non-Invasive Cardiology, Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Diabetes Center and more. The fair will also feature:
- A presentation on the link between heart disease, heart failure and diabetes at 9:30 a.m. by Dr. Azmey Matarieh, cardiologist
- Free blood pressure screenings
- Free cholesterol screenings for the first 100 attendees ($10 after). Fasting required.
- Free sweatshirt blanket for the first 100 attendees
- Nutritious snacks and other giveaway items