The Sherman Heart and Diabetes Fair will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday, February 5, at Sherman Hospital, 1425 N. Randall Road. Heart health and diabetes information will be provided by representatives from the American Heart Association and a variety of Sherman Health departments, including Cardiac Rehabilitation, Radiology, Education and Community Wellness, Heart Failure Recovery Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, Non-Invasive Cardiology and the Diabetes Center.
The fair will also feature:
- Free blood pressure screenings
- Free cholesterol screenings for the first 100 attendees ($10 after). Fasting required.
- Free gift for attendees who wear red
- Opportunity to meet Dr. Maciej Malinski, cardiologist and author of the Sherman Health Heart Blog
- A presentation about the link between the heart and diabetes
Raffle drawing for a free Healthy Heart CT Scan
In addition to the fair, Sherman Health will offer $79 Healthy Heart CT Scans during February. This simple, painless test can detect calcium deposits in the heart, an early sign of heart disease. Those who make an appointment for a scan during February will receive a box of Frango dark chocolates, while supplies last.
Finally, for great information on Sherman’s Healthy Heart Mobile, click here to read all about the screenings offered and the locations it visits throughout the month.