The Heart and Vascular Center at the New Hospital will provide an integrated approach to patient care. A key feature of the center is the placement of the Emergency Department and patient rooms near the critical care units, operating room and cardiac cath. and vascular labs. This will significantly reduce the time between diagnosis and treatment.
The New Heart and Vascular Center will feature these services and programs:
- Cardiac Catherization and Interventional Center: Adult services to include heart catherization, angioplasty and coronary stent placement.
- Cardiac Diagnosis Center: Offers EKG, Holter monitoring and all types of echocardiography testing to asses the heart’s functioning and to diagnose or rule out potential cardiac problems.
- Cardiac CT Angiography (CTA): Utilizing our 64 Slice CT Scanner to detect the plaque build up and lesion severity.
- Device Clinic: Nurse run clinic to manage and monitor patients with pacemakers, ICD and Bi-Ventricular Devices.
- EP Lab: Adult pacemakers and defibrillator placement and electrophysiology studies.
- Heart Failure Clinic: Advance Practice Nurses work with physicians and a multidisciplinary team to manage Chronic Heart Failure Patients.
- Hybrid Lab: Combination Cath Lab and OR Suite that allows doctors to perform cutting edge procedures in this setting.
- Non Invasive Vascular Studies: Complete vascular systems testing.
- Nuclear Cardiac Services: State of the art nuclear assessment of the cardiac function and evaluation of ischemia.
- Open Heart Surgery Program: Adult open heart surgery program including minimally invasive procedures.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET): Imaging procedure that provides physicians with information about the organ function, rather than simple structure, through the use of high-energy radioisotopes.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: Offers a complete range of pulmonary function studies for most age groups.
- Vascular Lab: Allows doctors to perform diagnostic and interventional diagnostic procedures.
- Telemetry Unit: This 48 bed step down unit is located on the second floor of the bed tower. It has two main nurses’ stations and two ancillary nurses’ stations.